| MONTJUÏC |
A vehicle or public transport (cable car, tram or bus) is recommened for a tour of the entire mountain. Partial tours might be made on foot. Approximate duration: 2 to 5 hours.Ous itinerary begins in the Plaça d'Espanya.
1. Torres de la Exposición.Forty-seven metres high, these towers line the Av. Mar'a Cristina.
2. Fira de Barcelona (Barcelona Fair).The exhibition area convers some 250.000 m2.
3. Iluminated fountains.The masterpiece of the engineer Carles Buh'gas. Water and coloured lights are combined in 50 different formations.
4. "Pavelló Mies van de Rohe".
Reconstruction of the German lodge which Ludwing Mies van der Rohe
built for the Internacional Exhibition in 1929. Documentation centre
on the work of the architect.
5. Museu d'Art de Catalunya (MNAC).It
features a very large collection of Romanesque frontals, retables
and mural painting.
6. "Poble Espanyol" (Spanish Village).Traditional
Spanish architecture open air museum, with craft workshops, modern
art exhibitions, shops, restaurants and play activities. A great
area of arts and crafts interest.
7. "La Fuxarda". Show jumping
8. "Picornell" Swimming pool.
Olimpic swimming pool.
9. "Institut i Jardí Botànic"
10. "Palacete Albéniz".It
is a royal residence and the Town Hall Holds gala recepcions here.
11. "Joan Maragall" Gardens."Palacete
Albèniz" gardens. Open to the public on Sundays.
12. Olympic Circle.Olimpic Stadium;
inaugurated in 1929, Palau Sant Jordi; its designer, the architect
Arata Isozaki. Galeria Ol'mpica; Permanent exhibition on the games
of the Barcelona 92.
13. "Fundació Miró"
14. Museo Etnológico.
15. "Teatre Grec".Reproduction of an ancient Greek theatre which can hold up to 2.000 people.
16. Museu Arqueológico. (Ver museos)
17. "Mercat de les Flors".Former Agricultural House of the 1929 Exhibition. The vault of the hallway is the work of Miquel Barceló.